Pages

Thoughts in Mileys Head


It's really easy to look at Miley Cyrus and to completely dismiss her as a mindless, twerking little starlet, and that's because that's how she presents herself so much of the time. But really, deep down in her head, she actually thinks about stuff. And she actually has a way of communicating that stuff that's really kind of smart. Crazy, I know, but it's true. Let's just review this recent interview she did and check out how it went, all right?

On the public's perception of her:

“People like to judge me a lot of the time. I am refusing to be a certain way, or dress a certain way.”

On women:

“Females, oh god! I f---ing love them. Someone came up to me last night and was like, ‘Women f---ing love you,’ and I was like, ‘I f---ing love women, trust me.’ They are something so beautiful. This kind of sounds cheesy, but girls just rule. Because we have a sensitivity and passion you can’t find in other people. It’s in your demeanor as well. There are some good vibrations that come off women that men can’t – oh, I’m going to get in trouble here, right? I always do – but maybe it is [simply that] women are born complicated. We’re used to over-thinking everything. Like, physically, guys can just wake up in the morning and they throw on a T-shirt. We’ve been taught from the beginning that we have to think so much [about our appearance], and I think there’s something about me being comfortable with who I am without all that that [allows me to] do good things for younger women."

On sexism:

“Guy rappers grab their crotch all f---ing day and have hos around them, but no one talks about it. But if I grab my crotch and I have hot model b----es around me, I’m degrading women? I’m a woman, I should be able to have girls around me!”

On feminism:

“The world is in the prime of its feminine energy. I think there’s been a real twist [and] women are starting to feel that. We were talking about women’s rights last night and [someone said], ‘Women are more suppressed right now than ever before.’ Well, I don’t think so – I think we’re more free than we’ve ever been. I’m seeing it everywhere; young women are totally ready to come out of their shells, to take on the world. There’s a lot of talk about feminism – people want to take that word and make it a bad thing, but it’s the greatest thing ever! Of course you’re a feminist, you know?”

On fame:

“This morning when I was driving here, it was early… You see people out and they’re paving the roads [and] cutting grass, and that’s their job – and our job is to put on some lipstick and get a picture taken! [Fame] is this huge honor, so you should take that honor and make something of it, that’s the only way you’re going to stay sane and keep it together.”

We need to give this lady a little more credit, huh? To be clear, she also should consider pulling it together just a little bit. But still, just look at Miley go!

Unknown

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment